Friday 23 November 2007

Fox shooting with Robert Bucknell


Rach and I spent today with Robert Bucknell, author of the fox-shooting bible 'Foxing with Lamp and Rifle', for a feature in the February issue (the one that goes on sale at the beginning of January).

He gave us plenty of background on his rifles, the techniques he uses, and his calls - plus some fascinating information about big cats roaming the countryside.

I plan to include his comments on big cats in the next podcast. Watch this space...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I do some calling with a hare call here in Sweden, but I would like to lay my hands on one or two of that brass call which Robert Bucknell uses (the one designed by a game keeper called Payne). Where do I get it? I just ordered a copy of Roberts book and am looking forward to reading it.